|Posted by phuhsmu on October 8, 2014 at 4:15 PM||comments (0)|
These are the two T-Shirt designs we are voting for the 2014-2015 Mu Alpha Theta T-shirt
|Posted by phuhsmu on September 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM||comments (0)|
Hello and welcome to a new year for Mu Alpha Theta! Our first general meeting is tomorrow, September 11th, in the T.A. It will last from approximately 1:45 to 2:30. Please, wear your Mu shirts tomorrow if you have one. We will be announcing a lot of information tomorrow regarding these events.
-MAO Board, 2014-2015
|Posted by phuhsmu on April 22, 2014 at 5:15 PM||comments (0)|
I'd like to introduce the board for the 2014-2015 PHUMU Chapter:
President: Chaitanya Guthikonda
Vice Pres 1: Derek Shi
Vice Pres 2: Robert Clayton
Secretary: Rylie Frayman
Treasurer: Kaitlan McKinney
Sergeants: Jay Mithani/ Pooja Patel
Tech Coordinators: Ben Sultan/ Arjun Srinivasan
Historian: Natasha Ram
Congratulations to everyone for their hard work and accomplishments.
|Posted by phuhsmu on April 16, 2014 at 11:05 PM||comments (0)|
The by-laws have been posted under the 'information' tab. We are currently awaiting the revised bylaws to be approved at the beginnning of next school year, however the 2001 version is currently available.
|Posted by phuhsmu on April 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM||comments (0)|
1. Next tuesday April 22nd during the board meeting the Sergeant-at-arms and tech coordinator letters will be read and a decision will be finalized. Thus the letters are due by the board meeting but will reflect badly if turned in that close to the said due date. The position Historian will also be announced after an individual being appointed by the previous historian.
2. The MAO banquet date will be held sometime close to the end of the school year and is a great way to end the year of MAO! It will be held at a restaurant (undecided) and will during lunch on a weekend. The date will be announced after the board meeting
|Posted by phuhsmu on April 8, 2014 at 4:15 PM||comments (0)|
1. Last general meeting +Elections this Thursday! The meeting and the post-meeting is MANDATORY for any attending States.
2. Appeals for active membership can be given to board members any time from now until April 22nd. This is mostly for seniors looking to purchase cords.
3. Speaking of which, cords will be sold from April 21-25. They are single blue/gold cords. They will cost 5$ payable in Mrs. Loring's room.
4. Sergeant at Arms/Tech. Coordinator letters should be given to a board member by April 22nd.There have been many e-mail reminders thus far and more will follow with an announcement at the general meeting. No late letters will be accepted.
|Posted by phuhsmu on April 1, 2014 at 3:25 PM||comments (0)|
The general meeting (and thus election) is NEXT Thursday NOT this Thursday as originally mentioned. The meeting will still be mandatory for anyone attending the State Convention. The election will take place next week as well.
Club pictures however, will still be happening this week.
Practices WILL follow the taking of the club pictures. AlgIi will be joining with Pre-calc in Mr. Mac's room. Some coaches will be available after next week's general meeting or throughout their schedules during the day to answer questions/help study for States too.
|Posted by phuhsmu on March 31, 2014 at 2:50 PM||comments (0)|
If you're an inducted member, not necessarily active, you're invited to be a part of our club picture for the yearbook this Thursday, April 3rd, on the steps in front of the TA after school. Wear a MAO shirt if you have one (or something that might look like one), and try to be there as quickly as possible so we can get to the general meeting.The Yearbook Staff takes pictures of whichever club is ready to go first and we want to get our picture done before other clubs if there are any on that day!
|Posted by phuhsmu on March 31, 2014 at 12:45 AM||comments (0)|
1. Our final general meeting and election are this Thursday. No practices will follow. You must be an active member to vote- if you can't make this meeting please e-mail me and we may be able to work something out. There will be speeches given by each of the candidates for each position.
2. The general meeting is MANDATORY for those attending the State Convention as there is an informational meeting for you after the elections
3. Appeals for active membership (a letter to the board explaining why you should be an active member) and letters for other board positions will be reviewed after the State Convention (April 11th to 13th). Don't wait to write your letter, the window to turn them in will probably only last a week or two... Seniors, you need to be active to purchase cords for graduation, if you're not active- an appeal might help.
4. People attending the State Convention in Orlando- check your e-mails, stay posted.
We'll probably only making a few more club-wide communications so we feel now is the best time to say:
Thank you all for making this a great year,
-MAO Board 2014
|Posted by phuhsmu on March 14, 2014 at 7:00 AM||comments (0)|
Pi Day is celebrated on March 14th (3/14) around the world. Pi (Greek letter “π”) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant — the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14159.
Pi has been calculated to over one trillion digits beyond its decimal point. As an irrational and transcendental number, it will continue infinitely without repetition or pattern. While only a handful of digits are needed for typical calculations, Pi’s infinite nature makes it a fun challenge to memorize, and to computationally calculate more and more digits.